The Batey Metallic Packing Co Ltd was established on the banks of the River Tyne at the St Peters area of Byker, Newcastle Upon Tyne by Mr John Batey and Mr Atkinson Batey in September 1920.
The company then specialised in supplying packing for steam engines to both the on-shore and off-shore industries for numerous years.
In the early 1950's the company moved to a newly built factory and then grew from strength to strength, building a reputation for providing an engineering solution to challenging customers requirements.
During these years the fundamental skills of the work force were greatly enhanced by the variation of work the company undertook and to this present day, the workforce continue to be our greatest asset.
We have manufactured parts for virtually every type of industry over the previous fifty years.
The company maintains the working ethics established initially by Mr Batey and latterly his son.
The company is extremely proud of the standard of work it produces.
The Batey Metallic Packing Co Ltd